Flood Insurance in Florida
With the increased risk of floods in most parts of the United States including Florida, it doesn’t make a lot of sense if you are a homeowner in Okeechobee, FL and you don’t have a flood insurance policy. Most homeowners and renters tend to think that their standard home or renter’s insurance policy from Pritchards And Associates Inc. protects them against floods which isn’t true.
Although your home insurance will provide coverage for water damage if it is caused by a covered event, floods aren’t covered under an ordinary homeowner’s insurance policy. We offer customer-friendly flood insurance policies in Florida, and we shall be there to ensure that you still have a decent place to call home even when the unexpected happens.
What Do We Cover?
Our flood insurance coverage covers the following aspects of your home:
- Home structure: Our flood insurance covers the physical structure of your home and its foundation. We shall repair any damage caused to your home structure as a result of floods.
- Essential systems in your home: We also cover all the critical systems in your house including plumbing and electrical systems, water heaters, sump pumps, furnaces, central air conditioners, and even heat pumps. Our insurance policy also covers fuel tanks and the fuel in them, water tanks, cisterns and the water in them, and all the solar energy equipment.
- Structures attached to your house: Our flood insurance policy will also protect all the structures attached to your house such as your car garage or gazebo.
- Window treatments and carpeting: If you have permanently installed carpeting over your unfinished house floor, we shall also cover it. We also cover other types of carpets that you may have installed over a wooden floor. Our policy will also protect your window blinds and treatments.
- Appliances: All electrical devices in your home such as refrigerators, washing machines, dishwashers, freezers, dryers, and the portable window air conditioners are also covered.
Are you a homeowner in Okeechobee, FL? Contact Pritchards And Associates Inc. today for a comprehensive flood insurance policy