Boat/Watercraft in Florida
Pritchards And Associates Inc. in Okeechobee, FL is a full-service insurance agency, including Boat/Watercraft Insurance. Florida Law does not mandate boat and watercraft insurance. However, it does have a requirement for registration through the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles (DHSMV).
The Florida Boating Accident Statistical Report 2017, prepared by the U.S. Coast Guard Boating Safety Division, published in by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission found that of the top ten recreational states, Florida, in 2016, had 684 boating accidents, twice the number of Californian. An accident was defined as financial damage of at least $2,000. Further, in 2016, Florida had 209, 298 registered watercraft. It is clear that the boat and watercraft owner needs to protect their boat, its passengers, bystanders and property owners from the perils of a boating accident.
Homeowner’s insurance policies do not provide adequate coverage, even to replace a boat, but only if the accident is on the homeowner's property.
Your boat insurance policy may include:
- Property damage liability: This liability coverage could include any damage to someone’s' dock, or boat, or any other types of damage to property or structures.
- Bodily injury liability: Passengers in your boat which includes if someone is using your boat or is injured in a crash with your boat. The coverage would consist of pain and suffering, medical bills, lost income and legal expenses.
- Collision damage: Repair and replacement costs but additional options such as disposing or cleaning up any wreckage may have to be purchased separately.
- Comprehensive: If your boat is damaged in other ways such as stolen or vandalized.
- Additional coverage options: All another type of coverage such as for fishing equipment any roadside assistance, any oil spills as a result of damage to the engine or coverage from injuries caused by the underinsured or uninsured boater.
Pritchards And Associates Inc. in Okeechobee, FL will discuss your boat or watercraft insurance needs with you. Please call and talk to one of our agents!